We all know selecting paint can be a tricky task when working from scratch. Not everyone knows exactly how they want each room to look or what furniture goes where. So, it’s understandable that one can experience some anxiety when selecting paint colors for their new home.
Here’s a simple tip that can prove to be quite useful:
Cruise around for some inspiration! It’s not easy to just select a paint color off the top of your head. It’s even harder to match said color to future items that you intend to put in that space. So, make it easy by picking up an accent piece and pulling colors and ideas from that. Some great inspiration items can be:
- An accent pillow for your family room
- A comforter for your master suite
- An accent chair for a formal living room
- A towel or rag for the guest bathroom
- A pretty dress/outfit that you adore for a spare bedroom
- Blooming flowers outside a sun room
- Napkin rings for the dining room
- An antique bowl for the kitchen
Some of these items can be interchanged within other rooms and offer up some great inspiration. They also help you pull in other colors that coordinate and it’s obvious that those are colors you like and will be easy to match when you continue on your search to complete your space.